Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just how geeky/nerdy are you?

Ah, the age-old question. We all want to quantify that part of us that everyone has (I'm looking at you, snotty girls in my eighth grade class) in different degrees. Insert binary joke because... well, because NUMBERS. Being "geeky" or "nerdy" has recently has become more acceptable, what with the internet so rampantly consuming our lives. Not that I'm complaining; I love the internet. The only problem is, how do we define "nerd" or "geek"? We all have different things that qualify us as one of those two things. For instance, things on my own personal nerd list include: obsessing about tv shows/books and the characters in or on them, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Star Trek, certain board games (Settlers of Cattan cough cough) and playing certain video games (World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons, League of Legends, Warhammer). Now, doing or liking these things doesn't make you a nerd, but I would qualify those things as nerdy or geeky. I spend a lot of time looking at art online(especially comic book art- it's so cool!) and know a lot of superheros and superheroines. I know random facts, am a big fan of Certain Gameboy/Ninento games (Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Mario, Kirby), obsess over TV shows, and own a wand from Harry Potter world. Do those things make me a nerd? Maybe. It's up to you to choose I think. There is a lot of stuff I haven't done that I qualify as nerdy. But you know what? I'm proud I wore a Batman shirt today. I am happy that I can freak out over plotlines with my friends. I am less proud that I speak in memes sometimes, but hey, we take the good with the bad.

Here are just a few geek or nerd quizzes you can take if you want to find out, even though the numbers and scores are kinda irrelevant, if you really think about it.

http://hellogiggles.com/quiz-are-you-a-nerd
http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk/geek/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baEnrIQko9k
http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php

Some of the questions in various quizzes have to do with math and science things, some are about unpopular things that you might do/have, nerdy activities you might have partaken in, or things that you like that are considered geeky. It really is up to the person, seeing as how I've gotten different scores depending on the quiz. And I would say I am a Nerdfighter. So to sum it all up, John Green and Simon Pegg, take it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment